Telemedicine for OB/GYN
Convenient to manage your patients virtually
CareTimeMD is an innovative software solution for medical practitioners looking to introduce a telehealth platform to their existing EHR. It integrates easily with any currently available EHR product. It provides several advantages to practitioners who specialize in OB/GYN.
How Telemedicine Can Help Your OB/GYN Practice
As you know, patients can be treated effectively without an in-person visit from running a busy gynecology practice. For example, patients who need to talk to an OB/GYN about:
- Birth control: practitioners can provide birth control pills without the need for an inpatient visit if the patient s already established at your practice.
- Postpartum depression: Telemedicine could be essential for helping new mothers get the right care. Women who have recently given birth and who are struggling with depression or anxiety can benefit from telemedicine. Allowing them to talk to a supportive healthcare provider from the comfort of their home.
- Abnormal bleeding: A patient may be having problems with her periods, such as irregular bleeding, spotting, or several cramps. In these cases, a telemedicine appointment may be all that’s needed. It can put the patient’s mind request, and if needed, the practitioner can prescribe medication.
- Hormone therapy: Patients who are already taking hormone therapy do not necessarily need an in-person appointment. If they want to discuss their symptoms or have their prescription tweaked, telemedicine offers a perfect solution.
- Skin conditions: Burning skin, rashes, or itch bumps are uncomfortable issues affecting women of all ages. These conditions can be discussed in a virtual visit. Often, patients can easily show the practitioner the skin problem.
In some cases, OB/GYN telemedicine may even be used for low-risk pregnancies by providing routine virtual appointments.
Benefits of OB/GYN Telemedicine for Patient and Provider
Telemedicine presents the following benefits for OB/GYN patients:
- No need for inconvenient travel
- Increased patient satisfaction
- Improved healthcare quality
- Reduced patient costs
- Easy access to appointments even in rural areas
Telemedicine presents the following benefits for OB/GYN practitioners:
- Reduced overheads
- Increased patient volume
- Improved patient engagement
- Facilitates remote monitoring
- Increased practice efficiency
- Reduced patient no-shows
Why Use Telemedicine?
Telemedicine is growing. By use of 2018, 7 million Americans were using the technology since the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic. That number has increased even more. Now patients see the benefits of telehealth, and there’s no going back. More and more health practitioners are reaching out to their patients with telehealth.
Implementing telemedicine in your OB/GYN practice is much easier than you may think. It’s not difficult to integrate it into your current in-person appointments. And if you choose the right software solution, you can integrate it into your existing EHR. If you prefer not to, you can opt for a stand-alone telemedicine platform. Compare telemedicine feature
FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
CareTime Md works with these users and organization types: Mid-Size Business, Small Business, Enterprise, Freelance, Nonprofit, and Government.
CareTime Md supports these languages: English.
CareTime Md offers support via 24/7 live support and online.
Yes, CareTime Md has a mobile app for Android, iPad, and iPhone.
CareTime Md provides training in the form of documentation and live online.
Yes, being compliant with HIPAA is vital for any telehealth application to protect patient’s privacy and prevent the leakage of sensitive information. Fortunately, CareTime Md is a HIPAA-compliant telehealth software.