Telemedicine for Neurology
Convenient way to manage your patients virtually
For patients suffering from ataxia or other disorders that affect movement, visiting a neurologist can be a considerable challenge. Often this can mean that patients don’t stick to their treatment plans. It also increases no-show rates.
Neurology is an evolving branch of telemedicine. It uses the telephone or the internet to reach out to patients in need. Teleneurology services have made it possible for physicians to provide convenient follow-up care for patients who are burdened by movement disorders.
How Telemedicine Can Help Your Neurology Practice
Advantages of Telemedicine Neurology
Teleneurology has the following advantages:
- More regular check-ups: Virtual neurology consultations mean you can reach out to patients more. Frequent check-ups improve the overall outcomes of neurological conditions, and with telemedicine, you can conduct cognitive assessments remotely.
- Increased access: Neurologist virtual visits improves access but reduces costs. They can improve the health outcomes of patients who live in areas where access to a neurologist is in short supply, such as South Dakota, Alaska, Wyoming, and South Carolina.
- Less exposure: Because patients are assessed or treated in their homes, they are not exposed to health risks. This is important during the COVID-19 pandemic. You can still connect to your patients with a neurologist online appointment.
- Medication management: Telemedicine allows you to stay in touch with patients at all times. You can manage and adjust their medications remotely. You can use telemedicine to order diagnostic tests.
Types of Teleneurology Treatments
Teleneurology can be used in the treatment of the following conditions:
- Epilepsy: Although many patients can manage their epilepsy with medication, ongoing lab work is essential. You can use telemedicine to discuss symptom management with your patients and to adjust medications. Teleneurology can be used to review MRI and scan results.
- Neuropathy: The central part of treating neuropathy is the management of symptoms. Teleneurology lends itself perfectly to lifestyle counseling. It enables you to adjust medications easily.
- Multiple sclerosis: MS requires several forms of medication. Side effects are not uncommon. This means that frequent patient monitoring is essential. Telemedicine neurology can make it easier for you to have face-to-face interaction with your patients in a comfortable setting.
- Parkinson’s disease: It’s easy to manage dopamine agonist or L-dopa therapy using telemedicine. This means that you can help patients maintain control of their motor function without them having to travel to your clinic. You can also use it to advise patients on any dietary changes.
Why Use Telemedicine?
Telemedicine is growing. By use of 2018, 7 million Americans were using the technology since the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic. That number has increased even more. Now patients see the benefits of telehealth, and there’s no going back. More and more health practitioners are reaching out to their patients with telehealth.
Implementing telemedicine in your neurology practice is much easier than you may think. It’s not difficult to integrate it into your current in-person appointments. And if you choose the right software solution, you can integrate it into your existing EHR. If you prefer not to, you can opt for a stand-alone telemedicine platform.
FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
CareTime Md works with these users and organization types: Mid-Size Business, Small Business, Enterprise, Freelance, Nonprofit, and Government.
CareTime Md supports these languages: English.
CareTime Md offers support via 24/7 live support and online.
Yes, CareTime Md has a mobile app for Android, iPad, and iPhone.
CareTime Md provides training in the form of documentation and live online.
Yes, being compliant with HIPAA is vital for any telehealth application to protect patient’s privacy and prevent the leakage of sensitive information. Fortunately, CareTime Md is a HIPAA-compliant telehealth software.
How Can CareTime Md Meet Your Telehealth Needs?
CareTimeMD is leading the push towards safe and efficient telemedicine in Neurology and other medical arenas. Talk to our expert team to find out more about how our telemedicine platform can benefit your practice.