Telemedicine For Specialists
Convenient To manage your patients virtually
Specialty medicine providers are a vital part of the healthcare system. Like many other medical professionals, more and more of them are turning to telemedicine. Telemedicine is an excellent way for specialists to improve patient care while reducing costs and increasing patient retention.
How Telemedicine Can Help Your Specialist Practice
The benefits are numerous. They include:
- Increased efficiency: By setting up real-time virtual medical visits, you can increase efficiency, leaving them time to see more patients.
- Improved clinical workflow: When you implement a quality telemedicine software platform, there’s less stress for your practice, and your staff and your workflow become more streamlined.
- Improved healthcare quality: Telemedicine enhances the quality of healthcare delivery. Patients are less likely to be admitted or readmitted to the hospital. When they are admitted, telemedicine patients tend to spend less time there.
- Reduced patient costs: Telemedicine reduces the cost of healthcare by reducing unnecessary emergency room visits and no-show appointments. Boost your Practice’s Revenue
- Expanded reach of care: Telemedicine allows specialists to provide care in rural areas and locations where medical specialists are in short supply.
- Reduced exposure to pathogens: Because telemedicine cuts out visits to the clinic, it also eliminates exposure to pathogens in the waiting room.
- Reduced patient no-shows: No shows impact your practice by reducing your revenue and a lost appointment slot that could have been filled. Virtual medical appointments minimize the risk of no-show patients.
- Increased patient satisfaction: Patients like virtual doctor’s visits because they feel comfortable because they can choose their environment, such as their home. They also feel less stress because they do not have to make a journey to see their physician.
Top Telehealth Software Comparison
Top Specialists Using Telemedicine
Many medical specialists are already using telemedicine, including:
- Cardiologists: Telemedicine makes it easy to provide ongoing care for patients with cardiovascular disease or congenital heart defects.
- Endocrinologists: A virtual visit is a great way to manage patients with chronic conditions such as thyroid disease or diabetes.
- Gastroenterologists: Patients with colitis, Crohn’s disease, and chronic hepatitis can use telemedicine to manage medications.
- Infectious disease: Telehealth is an excellent way to monitor symptom progression of infectious disease while limiting exposure.
- OB/GYN: OB/GYNs can use telemedicine to manage a range of conditions, including family planning, postoperative care, and postpartum depression.
- Psychiatrists and psychologists: Telemedicine lends itself perfectly to these specialisms because it makes it convenient for patients to reach out when they need someone to talk to. It also leads to a higher rate of patient retention.
Why Use Telemedicine?
Telemedicine is growing. By use of 2018, 7 million Americans were using the technology since the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic. That number has increased even more. Now patients see the benefits of telehealth, and there’s no going back. More and more health practitioners are reaching out to their patients with telehealth.
Implementing telemedicine in your practice is much easier than you may think. It’s not difficult to integrate it into your current in-person appointments. And if you choose the right software solution, you can integrate it into your existing EHR. If you prefer not to, you can opt for a stand-alone telemedicine platform.